Let’s consider that God is at the center of all things and that all of life revolves around him, NOT around belly-button-gazing, narcissistic humankind.
The Lord has much to say. Here’s a sampling. For a few moments, let’s leave the realm of “rights” and the arena of the political and the medical and the emotional and hear from the One who loves us with an everlasting love and whose grace is boundless and immeasurable. May ears listen and hearts respond to the Truth of God’s Word. God grant patience and compassion and understanding.
- The word of the LORD came to me: Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you, and before you were born, I set you apart. (Jeremiah 1:4,5)
- For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. (Psalm 139:13-16 NIV)
- Your hands shaped me and made me. Will you now turn and destroy me? Remember that you molded me like clay. Will you now turn me to dust again? Did you not pour me out like milk and curdle me like cheese, clothe me with skin and flesh and knit me together with bones and sinews? You gave me life and showed me kindness, and in your providence watched over my spirit. (Job 10:8-12 NIV)
- Now see that I, only I, am he, and there is not a god comparable to me. I put to death and I make alive. I wound and I heal. There is no one who can deliver out of my hand. (Deuteronomy 32:39 EHV)
- But I—I trust in you, O Lord. I say, “You are my God.” My times are in your hand. (Psalm 31:14,15a EHV)
- Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought at a price. Therefore glorify God with your body. (1 Corinthians 6:19,20 EHV)
- Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. (Psalm 90:12 NIV)
- So whether you eat or drink, or do anything else, do everything to the glory of God. (1 Corinthians 10:31 EHV)
God keep you in his gracious care,
Pastor Stephen Luchterhand